Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mom and Bre visit Boston

I've been working my butt off lately. But in a bit of downtime, my Mom and Bre came to visit Boston. We had a lovely weekend. We walked around Boston
Photobucket
but it was so cold that we had to buy hats from a guy on the street (Pretty cool hats, huh?).
Photobucket
We went to the aquarium and I saw my favorite penguin.
Photobucket
Every time we go there, this one penguin (I know it's him because he's the fattest penguin) sits on the top of the rock and just chills. And he poses for pictures. I love him. If I were a penguin, I'd be him.
On the way out of the aquarium, a shark was celebrating with the crowd of people.
Photobucket
Then we walked to Cheers for lunch. Bre shared a moment with Carla,
Photobucket
and I obviously had a lovely time as well.
Photobucket
Bre loved showing off her new hat everywhere- even the parking garage.
Photobucket
Then, we planned an exciting evening hanging out at one of my favorite bars. We sampled some blueberry beer while we waited for a table.
Photobucket
Once we had our table, the traditional "Crazy Faces" competition began.
Round 1:
Photobucket
Round 2:
Photobucket
Round 3:
Photobucket
The next morning, on the way to the MIT museum, I aparently thought the competition was still on...
Photobucket
Though I was able to get my act together enough to look intellectual at the museum.
Photobucket
Photobucket
And we had a lovely walk around MIT's campus.
Photobucket
What a nice visit, Mom and Bre. Can't wait to see you guys again soon!
Photobucket

No comments: