Friday, January 18, 2008

More Kiva News

For anyone who is interested...
Kiva has more people applying for loans. I was browsing and noticed that there are women from Sierra Leone who are applying for business loans.
(In high school, I wrote a research paper on the civil war/genocide/amputations and it broke my heart. Villages were attacked, many of the women were raped and hundred of people has one or both of their hands chopped off. Reading accounts or looking at photos are enough to make you cry.)
Anyway, I saw that there was a 23 year old woman who is asking for a loan to expand her business. Being that I'm 23, on one hand I relate to her- being young and married and trying to support my family. But on the other, I can't imagine what her life has been like.
So I shelled out another $25 via Kiva to Hawa Tholloy. Good luck, Hawa!!!
Photobucket

No comments: