Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Changes

**Note- I've been toying with the idea of this post for a few days and I've decided to post it. I'll explain my decision later.**

When I was 14, I started going to the orthodontist. My parents did spend quite a bit of money on my teeth, but we did choose to forgo some of the recommended treatments. One issue is that we chose not to address is that my mandible is underdeveloped (in plain English- I have a very small chin). This has been a constant source of insecurity for me the past 10 years.
Photobucket

I have been working hard to improve many other things about myself that I wasn't satisfied with. I've lost over 40 pounds and I'm going back to school. But I still wasn't happy about my profile. So, to make a long story longer, I have decided that I want to seriously look into plastic surgery to get my chin fixed.
I am excited about the opportunity of being comfortable with how I look. But I am also kind of embarrassed that I am so insecure over something so silly. But that doesn't change the fact that I am so insecure over it. Why should I spend the rest of my life unhappy about something that could easily been fixed?
As I indicated in the beginning of the post, I have chosen to make this very private choice public. I may be opening myself up to all sorts of negative comments. I know that is a real possibility.
So why am I planning to share this experience with the world? Well, I have spent about 10 years researching my options, weighing the different options and risks. I am putting myself out there so that my experience might help someone else make a decision.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You are beautiful! but, anything that will help you feel better about yourself is great!! keep me posted