Thursday, March 6, 2008

As American as...

Photobucket
I can't WAIT for baseball season to start. I don't understand why I get so excited about it. I have so many good memories associated with baseball.
Maybe it's because baseball means summer- and summer is always happy. Warm weather, swimming, ice cream and baseball!
The first game I remember was actually a Mets game that I went to with my dad, my uncle and my cousin. it was free hat day, but they weren't giving out Mets hats, they were giving away Brooklyn Dodgers hats.
When I was in high school, my sister played softball, and Andrew lived right next to the softball field. He would meet me at all of her games. It was a really fun time- though I didn't pay a lot of attention to the softball games.
I have been to Yankee Stadium many times. Two years ago, my mom and I organized a Party Bus to Yankee Stadium, and we are doing that again this year. I just got the tickets today and we're waiting for a firm price quote from the bus company.
In the mean time, my parents are thinking of coming out to Boston so that they can see a game at Fenway. I've been there for a game once, and I 'd like to go again while we still live so close.
I can't wait. Just 25 days until the Yanks season opener. Nineteen days until the Sox season starts (because they play the A's in Japan on 3/25).
Let's Go Yankees (Clap- Clap- ClapClapClap!) Think my boys are going to make it all the way this year? Any early predictions for the post season?
Photobucket

No comments: