Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Just Don't Get It

I don't understand Hillary Clinton. I don't get how people can support her. Does any one else listen when she opens her mouth?
I saw a lady from Rhode Island on tv and the woman said that she voted for Clinton in yesterday's primary because Hillary "promised" to care about Rhode Island. Honey- what Hillary promises doesn't mean bupkis.
She also said that she was going to run a positive campaign... until she saw that Obama was a viable candidate.
I haven't liked her since she randomly picked New York out of a hat and ran for senate in a state that she had no connection to.
She's been grasping at straws to keep her campaign moving (Denounce vs reject).
Hillary also mentioned on her now infamous "telephone" commercial that she knows the military and foreign heads of state, but she knew them in the capacity as first lady- which is NOT an elected position nor does she have any actual decision making responsibilities in that role.
She mocks Obama's idea of being open to talking with foreign heads of state who we are not BFF's with. I mean, our embargo on Cuba really brought Castro to his knees. Oh wait, no it didn't. Hmm. Who knew that ignoring a problem won't make it go away? If we talk, then not only will we understand more of where they're coming from, but they will also understand where we're coming from.
As a woman, I would be ecstatic to have a woman for president, but I do not feel compelled to vote for Hillary JUST because she's a woman. I am sure that I will see a female president in my life time, I just hope it's the right woman.
I am disappointed with Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island for the choices that they made and I hope that the voters in Wyoming and Mississippi validate my opinions next week.
And Remember...
Photobucket

No comments: