Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Adventures in Charlestown

My friend Marc
Photobucket
came to visit this past weekend. We went to Charlestown on Sunday for some sight seeing along the Freedom Trail. We started at the Bunker Hill Monument
Photobucket
where I had some fun with Colonel William Prescott.
Photobucket
Then we climbed to the top of the Monument (which was quite a workout!) and had an awesome view of the city- including Andrew's favorite bridge!
Photobucket
Also at the top, there was a cannon which was featured on the program "History Detectives." This cannon was the reason for the march on Lexington and Concord. Little known fact. It's a really good show (on PBS), but I digress.
Photobucket
On the climb down, I had to go really slow. I had a bit of vertigo. I've never had height issues before, and I didn't like it one bit.
Photobucket
After Bunker Hill, we went to my favorite ship, the USS Constitution. I've been on that tour probably 6 or 7 times, but it never gets old. This time, we had a really good tour guide and he shared a lot of information that had not been given on other tours.
Photobucket
Then we got home and found this...
Photobucket
What is it with my cats and the bathroom?

No comments: