Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Adventures in knitting

Long time no knitting post. I have been distracted lately what with the house and the cold from hell, but I've still been knitting a bit. Remember how a while ago I said that I was going to start on a blanket? I have completed 2 stripes.
Photobucket
Pretty impressive, huh? They are long enough that the blanket will cover both Andrew and I.
My sister was pretty impressed with the purple scarf I made this winter, so I offered to make her a scarf. She likes red, so this is what I started...
Photobucket
Look closely- see the checkerboard pattern? It's simple to make, you just need to remember where you are and what you're doing. It's not mindless knitting, but I think it looks pretty cool.
Photobucket
And for my newest project...my friend, Allison is having a baby (she's due in June) and I'm making a baby blanket for her. She doesn't know what she's having (Which, by the way, is how I want it to be when I have a baby- after all that work, you deserve a nice surprise!), so here are the colors that I picked.
Photobucket
I wish that you could feel this yarn. It's soooo soft. In fact, the yarnis called "Simply Soft." Here's my start.
Photobucket
Her shower is at the end of the month. Think I'll have it finished in time? If not, I should have it done by June when she has the baby.
Just as a side note- Congratulations to the Yankees who won their Home Opener last night! Yay! Here's to a great season, boys!!

No comments: