Thursday, February 28, 2008

This and that

So back in May, I went to the UMass spring concert in Amherst to see Ben Folds. I found out that the concert was a few hours long and featured many different acts including OK Go and this girl, Sara... Something. She wouldn't tell us her last name because she said that we wouldn't remember it. It was her, a piano and a guy to play percussion. Her voice was beautiful. I loved her songs. When we got home, we looked at the schedule for the concert and found out that her name was Sara Bareilles. I found her cd on Amazon and bought it immediately and loved it. Fast forward a few months later and she has EXPLODED! Her songs are all over the radio and tv! We just bought tickets to see her when she comes to Boston in April. Here's her single that I'm sure you've heard, Love Song.


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com. More colors.


I'm also pretty happy with my job right now. There's this one kid who has been there for pretty much his whole life. He's going home next week. I am so happy for him! But I am also a little sad, too. I'm going to miss him. He's one of my best friends at work. But hopefully his family will being him back to visit. He will have so much fun living at home! The hospital is making him a going away present of a scrapbook. It's filled with pictures of him and staff members. I was given a copy of our picture together.
Photobucket

When my friend, Sarah, came for a visit last weekend we had such a good time! We met her at the bus station Saturday afternoon and went to the ICA. It's a relatively new building, and Sarah (an architecture student) has heard all about the building and wanted to see it. The building was really cool (arguably cooler then the exhibits inside). We followed that up with a tasting at the Harpoon Brewery. I'm so happy that they now have Raspberry Harpoon UFO on draft! That is hands down my all time favorite beer and I've never had it on draft before. That was a big highlight of the weekend for me. Then on Sunday, we planned to walk around Boston for a while before Sarah went back to Albany. Against Andrew's wishes, we ended up at the Aquarium. I had been there twice in January, and both times, this turtle was laying on a rock underwater in the big tank, not moving at all. He was in the same place both trips. I even saw a fist eating something off of his eye and he didn't blink. I wondered why they left a dead turtle there. When we went there on Sunday, I checked and that turtle was in the same place. I was so sad that his dead body was left there. As I was looking at him, feeling sorry, all of the sudden, he started to move! He swam up for a breath and continued to swim around the tank! The turtle was ALIVE!!!
This weekend, out friend, Marc, is coming to visit. We're going to meet him at the airport Saturday morning, then the rest of the weekend is still kind of up in the air. But I remembered to charge my camera, so I'll be able to post pictures.
Have a good weekend!

No comments: