Thursday, August 9, 2007

Early Birthday Presents!

My birthday is on Sunday! Earlier today, I was starting to feel the "Birthday Blues" but things are looking better now. I got some early birthday presents today! Well actually today wasn't the first early birthday presents I got. Last week, a lady from work was selling hand made ear rings, and I bought a pair.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My Mom bought me a new set of scrubs for work- Muppet Scrubs! I am a Muppet fan from way back. I know that most of the kids that I work with won't have a clue who or what Muppets are, but I know who Muppets are, so that's all that matters to me.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Then, Andrew gets home from work today, and he says "Let's go pick out your birthday present!" I was so excited! First we went to the plant nursery and garden store. We looked around, but first we wanted to get a plant stand (see post from earlier today) and the only one I saw there that I liked was uber-expensive, so we went to Home Depot. Nothing good at Home Depot. Andrew wanted to go to Target, but the "Birthday Blues" had me feeling pretty sad again, and I just wanted to go home. Andrew made me go to Target where we found a shelf in our price range that would do exactly what we needed it for. So then we went back to the plant nursery and bought some new plants. We bought:
a Hen and Chick plant Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket,
a Purple Spike Cactus Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket,
and a Pitcher Plant Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. The Pitcher Plant is a cousin of the Venus Fly Trap, and the pitchers on it look really cool Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. We rushed home to assemble the shelf to see how everything will look Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. And the best part is that now I have more space to add more plants to my garden! What's next...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sweetie! just don't pet the plants.there may be more presants to come.