Monday, August 6, 2007

Plant trouble.

My plants have not had good luck lately. On Thursday, I was watering my begonia in the sink. I figured that if I water it in the sink, I can let the water run really slow for a few minutes and trick my begonia into thinking that it was getting rained on. Well, that part of my plan worked perfectly. However when I was taking it out of the sink, I accidentally hit the top of the begonia on the bottom of out cabinets and I snapped the top right off! Oh my, I cried and cried. My poor mom! I called her right away in hysterics. As I was sobbing to my mom, Andrew walked in. I was making quite a scene. Anyway, now my plan for the begonia is that I have the top of the plant sitting in a glass of water in my plant ICU (my kitchen) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket hoping that in a few weeks I will be able to plant it. As for the rest of the plant, it looks a bit silly, Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket but it is doing well.
Also on Thursday, we had a new edition to our windowsill garden: a Peace Lily. When I bought it last week it looked beautiful. Then with all the commotion of guests over the weekend, I didn't really pay attention to it until yesterday morning. Oh no! The dirt was so dry and the lily was wilted. Well, she had to spend a whole day in my plant ICU getting watered very frequently. After about 10 hours in there, she was doing much better, 95% of the way back to before. This morning, she is as beautiful as the day I bought her. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's hoping that the begonia comes back just as well as the peace lily.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Kieran...I feel so guilty! Your poor plants suffered because you were so busy making sure Jilli and I had a good time! I hope your nursing skills will work in this case. We had SO much fun with you guys thisweekend...Thank you so much! I can't wait to see you guys again soon...and good luck with your plants. I love you!
Emily