Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Songs

When I was little, Christmas was all about presents and fun!! It was fun to be off from school, and let's face it- presents are fun! Well, maybe it was not entirely about presents I guess. I did LOVE going to Midnight Mass. The church was so dark and smelled so good! I have a lot of memories about Midnight Mass. Like this one time- it was just me and my Dad that went to mass (My mom was super busy helping Santa because he is such a busy guy on 12/24 and needs all the help he can get). Leaving the church, we realized that we were out of gas and literally coasted to the gas station before we could head home. Remember that Dad? But honestly, I was a kid, so Christmas was 99% about presents.
Now as an adult, I believe that the meaning of Christmas is family and being a good person in general. Well, I try to be a good person all year, but maybe I try to keep my hilarious yet sarcastic comments to myself. But especially around Christmas time, go a little out of your way if it will help make someone's life easier. And don't forget to let your family know how much they mean to you. I know that many people feel that Christmas is all about religion- but hear me out on this one. What happened on Christmas? A family was formed. Exactly! Meaning that Christmas is a time for loved ones to know that they are in your heart. A time to send cards to family that you don't get to see very often- just so that they know that you're thinking about them at Christmas. And a time to visit with family that you are able to see. Regardless of your religious beliefs or affiliations, anyone use this time of year to think about family.
Some songs remind me of Christmas when I was growing up. Other songs capture my feelings of Christmas I have as an adult. Because I love to sing Christmas songs, I'm going to do a Christmas Song Series blog-style. Every day between now and Christmas (I'm going to do my best to post every day, but on days that I spend 13 hours at the hospital I can't make any guarantees...), I'm going to post a Christmas song on my blog. Before you form all sorts of expectations, keep in mind that by Christmas songs- I don't mean traditional Christmas Carols. Ask Andrew. He thinks that my taste in Christmas music is slightly off. But as my blog is titled... "Welcome to Kieran's World" so dive in to my life!
Today's song I feel really exemplifies my current feelings towards the holiday season. I hope you enjoy "Christmas" by Blues Traveler.
And don't forget to check back every day for a new song!


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.

No comments: