Saturday, December 1, 2007

Had a nice trip... see you next fall!

Clumsy... that should have been my middle name. Maybe even my first name.
Yesterday, I was rushing to work- running late as usual. I was going down the stairs and trying to zip my coat. Next thing I know- BOOM- on the floor. My bad ankle just gave out and I fell down the stairs. Upon my very ungraceful landing (the Olympic judges wouldn't have even given me a 3), I pretty much landed on my big toe on my left foot. I sat there for a minute and cried (what else could I do- it really hurt!) then continued on to work. My original plan was to walk there, but I couldn't even make it off of our street, so I had to take the car. My problems with the driving plan were: I didn't have my glasses since I didn't plan on driving (but according to the Motor Vehicles Department I don't need glasses to drive and I feel comfortable enough driving in the day time so I would just need Andrew to meet me at the hospital at night) and it hurt my right ankle to press on the pedals (but I drove through the pain). At work, I immediately wrapped my right ankle in an ace bandage to support it. I started it ice as much as I could. However, every time I checked on my toe- there were more shades of purple in it. By the time I got home, my ankle was slightly bruised and moderately swollen, and my toe looked like this...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
To make matters worse, I woke up this morning with a killer sore throat to matach my killer sore ankle and my killer sore toe. Hopefully I will feel well enough this afternoon to get our Chirstmas Tree!!!!!

1 comment:

Breanna said...

Ouch! Isn't this the 3rd or 4th fall you have had lately? Hope you feel better soon. And to answer your Kiva question~ repayment time depends on how long it takes them to actually disperse the loan. One of mine went really quickly, and a month after they received the money they started paying it back, and the other one took way longer, it took weeks and weeks before they even got the money.