Monday, December 8, 2008

Finally There?

I think that we're all in agreement that the turn of events in my life was, let's say, unfortunate. But I'm slowly realizing that this is not necessarily negative in the long term.
I have grown a lot as a person. And learned a lot. I believe that I am a different person than I was 6 months ago. And it is scary sometimes. But other times, it's really fun.
I know this may sound flaky, but I feel like I am not the person I used to be. Everything has changed. But on the other hand, I am also the person I was. It's actually hard to explain now that I'm trying to put it into words. Like I feel carefree and fun, like when I was younger, but I am also not as naive. Not at all to say that I'm never going to make any mistakes again, but I feel, I don't know, young and wise? That's not really how I want to put it. But I can't articulate what I want to say.
Maybe a picture can help. This is an example of what I was talking about. Here is my friend, SR, and I on an adventure this past weekend.



I talked before about going through stages of grief. And I couldn't wait to get to acceptance. I'm finally there. It took a while, and I needed some closure. It was hard, but I got through it. Now, sometimes I feel myself being happy. And it's ok. I know that it's ok for me to be happy, and it's a great place to be.

No comments: