Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa Project

A few days ago, I mentioned this Santa Project I have been working on. There are 13 kids at the house I work at. I had each of them write a letter to Santa. Some of the kids can write, while most of the kids needed help. Between staff and other kids, everyone completed a letter and we sent them off to Santa.
Well, I happen to have an in with the big guy. I have it under pretty good authority that Santa wrote them letters back and have a good feeling that they should check the mailbox today. That's right. Santa will make sure their letters are in the mailbox before the Christmas Party starts.
Two days ago, I wrapped all the gifts for the kids. Then last night I made pigs in a blanket and chocolate chip cookies. Today, I need to make guacamole before the party. I'm going in early this morning to help set up. I also am going to make Swedish meatballs and lasagna.
I'm really tired and would have loved to sleep in this morning, but I am actually really excited about this party. And I can sleep in tomorrow.
Off to get up to my elbows in avocado...
PS- Here's a fun thing for adults to do. My dad e-mailed me this Santa Hotline: (973)409-3486. Kids- this is not Santa's real number. It's just a joke for grown-ups. Enjoy! Ho Ho Ho!

No comments: