Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Working it out

So, I've had an unusual amount of stress in my life the past few months. There was a while when I was using seriously maladaptive stress relief techniques, but I think I'm finally on the right track. As I mentioned earlier, I've been going to the gym. A lot. But I've retrained myself. When I get stressed out, I want to work out, not get drunk. Not to say that there aren't times when drinking alcohol is a good idea, but those times don't exist every night- as they had been for a while there. So I think it's fair for me to congratulate myself. A little pat on the back here and there is totally fine.
Since I worked out pretty hard yesterday, I wanted to take it a little easy today. I worked at about 60-75% most of the workout. But my body has gotten used to working out. My workout today would have been super hard even 2 weeks ago. I burned 425 calories in 45 minutes. I did 154 on the elliptical, 158 on the stair climber, and 113 on the bike. I did each machine for 15 minutes. Well, technically I did the bike for 15 minutes 40 seconds, but I was so close to 425, I figured that a few extra seconds to get a nice round number was ok.
But I completely worked off my breakfast and lunch calories. And I probably had about 350 calories for dinner. I believe in the calories in vs calories out method for weight loss, and here I am less 29 pounds, so it has to be a good method, right?
Let's hope I keep this up for at least another few weeks so that I can look awesome on vacation!