Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chicken a la Paul Newman

On Saturday, I made this recipe that I found on a bottle of Paul Newman salad dressing. You need chicken breast, Italian dressing, 2 tomatoes, chopped olives. It turned out really well. I did tweak it a little (of course). Here's what I did:

I took 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and put them in a zip lock bag with 2/3 cup of Paul Newman Italian dressing (the recipe called for a full cup of dressing, but I couldn't fit any more in my zip lock bag). Then I let it marinate in the refrigerator for like 5 hours (the recipe says to let it marinate for 1 hour, but I figure the more the better).
When you're ready to start to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 350.
Put each breast in a section of aluminum foil big enough that you will be able to fully wrap around the chicken.
Chop the tomatoes as small as you would like and divide them between the chicken breasts.
Then take the chopped olives (I used a jar of salad olives) and add them to the chicken breasts, too.
(Now this part is tricky. Make sure that the aluminum foil is folded up around the bottom of the chicken so that you don't make a mess and lose all of your marinade) Carefully take the Italian dressing that the chicken was marinating in and add that to the chicken breasts as well.
Then fold the rest of the aluminum foil around the chicken. You want the foil tightly around the chicken, but make sure to leave space between the chicken and the foil.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
I served mine with rice. Yummy!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: