Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More Cooking...

I've been feeling fancy in the kitchen lately. I haven't been as keen on our usual hot dogs with beans or pizzas. I was so happy with how my Chicken a la Paul Newman came out, so I decided to keep up with the fancier meals.
Knowing that I had some Alfredo sauce at home that I wanted to use, I went to the grocery store looking for foods to go with that. I saw that they were having a sale on shrimp. I got 1/4 pound for $1.24. Not too bad. I also bought some fresh broccoli and some organic whole wheat rotini pasta. The shrimp were already cooked, so I just needed to peal their tales off. And I steamed the broccoli as I cooked the pasta. The alfredo sauce (which I didn't make- it was from a jar) was a little salty, but not intolerable. I was going to take a picture of it to post here, but I was too hungry. Sorry.
Tonight I also have something up my sleeve. I'm going to make flounder stuffed with rice, cheese and broccoli. I'll let you know how it turns out...

No comments: