Monday, September 10, 2007

Ankle Update...

I went to me one week follow-up with my doctor today for my ankle. He said that because it's so swollen still, I tore some ligaments in my ankle. No wonder why it still hurts like a mother! He says that I have to stay out of work for at least another week, and continue to ice and elevate my ankle. I AM BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!! Talk about cabin fever! I just want to go outside, go to work, do something! When friends came over this weekend, we went to the Sam Adams Brewery (by the way- free tour and yummy free samples!!!) and took them to see The USS Constitution. I only walked from the car to the nearest chair (or cannon when we were on the ship) that I could find, then sat and waited until it was time to move again. I pretty much sat the whole time. I was sore, so we came home and I rested, elevated, and iced before we went out to dinner. The doctor told me that I totally overdid it and I can only walk or stand on it for short periods (like going to the bathroom, when I'm in the shower, etc). So I'm back to being house bound and only getting up to pee. The doctor told me that the swelling should continue to go down (though it may take a while), but the bruising will continue to get worse- more will appear and the bruises that I already have will get darker- for more time to come. So here are some pictures I took today. Lovely shades of purple in there, right? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: